Wednesday 20 April 2011

A moving story...

Dresar Studio is Moving!

Well, almost a year after Dresar Studio was established, it is almost time for us to wave Bon Voyage to our first office at Liberty Business Centre in Dalgety Bay and move on to pastures new.
Dresar Studio will now be making it's home in the lovely (energy efficiant, apparently) village of Crossgates, in Fife.
For those of you who dont know the village, this is the link ot the google map:
Yikes! Long link...
For those of you who do know the village, I'm at the traffic lights (there's only one set, it's a small village) next to the Hair and Beauty shop, Wax and Relax.

If you are going to be sat-navving your way out to see us: the full address is:

Dresar Studio
8 Main St
Crossgates
Fife
KY4 8AJ

So, that's the where taken care of. Now all I have to do is:
Get a good sign maker (easier said than done)
Get a custom made cutting/sewing area made by a joiner who will not require me to sell my home, hair and several organs.
Get a painter to do the outside (I don't think my slap dash painting method will quite cut it here)
Decorate (the fun bit)
Make enough stock for the new Ready To Wear selection that will be available to buy in store
Fix up, take care and upcycle the vintage stock that will also be available in the shop
Develop a new and exciting range of sewing workshops and courses for all ages and abilites
Organise and host a fabulous Grand Opening Party.

All by the end of May. Better get cracking! 

I'm so excited to be, not only back in my home town, but also watching Dresar Studio grow from strength to strength. When I cast my mind back to this time last year, I can't believe how much things have changed. It's been a tough mountain to climb, full of financial and social sacrifice, but I can say with my hand of my heart it has been the best decision I've ever made. 
Since I'm getting all emotional, I should also take a moment to thank my friends and family who have provided unwavering support, in particular, my Mum and my boyfriend, Steph. It would have been literally impossible to have done this without you guys.
I can't wait to see you all at the party! More details on that to follow. 
Big love, see you soon
Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment